X Close Project
Challenge: The Mattress Factory, the nation's leading museum and educational resource for installation art, retained Droz to help reposition the museum to attract greater contributions and increase membership. Droz research showed that site-specific installation art was perceived as being hard to understand and inaccessible. To attract larger audiences, the brand needed to convey greater accessibility and a sense of fun.
Solution: The development of new positioning and branding including:
1. A new logo and tag line, "art you can get into"
2. New identity package, mail order gift catalog and packaging for the gift shop
3. Various apparel products, including t-shirts, hats and bags
4. A branding guide to maintain consistency
5. A strategic plan for increasing earned income
Results: Attendance, contributions and earned income have all increased. The brand was selected for inclusion in a design annual featuring the 100 best brands of the year.